Home / Health / 14 Unusual Signs of Heart Disease That Can Be Seen With the Naked Eye

14 Unusual Signs of Heart Disease That Can Be Seen With the Naked Eye

By GARGI CHAKRAVORTY, 19 June 2018

Advertisement

It’s a morbid cardiologist joke that the first symptoms of a heart attack are the actual deal itself. That is the actual heart attack itself. It may be funny for them in some twisted manner, but it is scary for a victim and their families. But the good news is it’s just a joke and not really true because our body keeps giving us subtle hints of an impending attack and if we are careful enough to notice them, we can start the medical intervention immediately before it’s too late. In this article, we highlight seemingly harmless, even innocuous signs about health problems which we unfortunately ignore. But, these are glaring red flags hinting something is seriously wrong with us. A small crease on the ear or white spots all across the body which is barely visible, even excessive yawning can be signs of an impending stroke. Here are 12 unusual signs of heart disease that can easily be observed with the naked eye.

1Xanthomas

Xanthomas are small fatty specks that appear out of nowhere on our eyelids, buttocks, elbows, or knees and are usually harmless. These are fat deposits which are a sign of excess cholesterol and which our blood vessels can’t contain. They are then dropped under the skin and start protruding externally under the skin. This means your blood vessels need immediate help as they are most likely affected by atherosclerosis, which is a harbinger to a dangerous cardiac problem.

Xanthomas

Image Source: theconversation.com

2Yawning during intense exercise

Not many people know that our body has several ways to cool off apart from sweating, like yawning! It actually helps saturate the body with oxygen and reduces our internal body temperatures. However, if this natural thermoregulation process fails to work even after a hard exercise or physical activity, it’s time to get a bit worried. If we are constantly yawning after workouts it can signal potential heart problems.

Yawning during intense exercise

Image Source: maximumfitclub.com

3Bad breath

Advertisement

Usually, gum inflammation or periodontitis leads to really bad breath and is linked with bad dental hygiene. Maybe 80% of the cases are just that, but the remaining 20% are red flags for something far more sinister. Studies have shown the relation between gum and heart problems. The bacteria which inflict our gums can spread to our cardiovascular system and start poisoning there as well. These days heart diseases linked to periodontitis has increased by nearly 20%. So banish all your fears from a dentist visit, it’s for your own good, no much how much how much you hate it.

Bad breath

Image Source: www.remediesforme.com

4No acne during adolescence

Well, this study involves only men and they should be worried. Boys who went through a lot of pimples and acne during their school or college life have something to rejoice about and forget about all the embarrassment they faced during their academic years. These men have 33% less chance of developing any sort of coronary heart disease because their hyperactive hormones made them resilient towards future perils.

No acne during adolescence

Image Source: brightside.me

5Ring finger length shorter

If your ring finger is visibly shorter than your index finger, you have a high risk of stroke. According to a British research, the lengths of fingers are determined by the amount of testosterone during their development in the embryo itself. And unfortunately, the hormonal systems affect the cardiovascular system of the child even before they are born.

Ring finger length shorter

Image Source: akamaized.net

Advertisement

Page 1of 3

Related Tags