Home / Fashion / This Is What Happens To Your Body Just 10 Hours after Applying Nail Polish

This Is What Happens To Your Body Just 10 Hours after Applying Nail Polish

By Andrew Alpin, 20 May 2017

Advertisement

So you thought your nail polish is harmless after all what’s a bit of nail color on ones nails. You’ll be surprised to know how nail polish can affect your health in more ways than one because of the chemicals being absorbed into your system. Using nail polish too often in itself is a bad thing as it can make your nails dry and turn yellow. Although no woman and of course some men too are not being urged to discard the use of nail polish altogether, It would be wise to pay heed to information that may make you more conscious about your health. It could even help you choose a better brand of nail polish from now on. Here are three deadly nail polish toxins you need to be careful about.

1Toluene

One of the damaging components of nail polish, Toluene is a solvent that gives nails a smoother look and fine finish. Toluene preserves the pigment or color in nail polish but certainly isn’t good for health.Toulene affects the reproductive system and central nervous system, causes headaches, nausea, fainting, weakness. However, these symptoms are more pronounced if you use substandard nail polish.

Is your nail polish a killer?

Image Source: www.dazzlecare.info

2Formaldehyde

Advertisement

Among nail polish toxins, this is a colorless gas which increases the shelf life of nail polish. Those suffering from allergies may be at an increased risk of dermatitis and chemical burns (https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxfaqs/tf.asp?id=219&tid=39). Long term or a high exposure to formaldehyde can cause arrhythmia, convulsions and even cancer.

Advertisement

Page 1of 2